Why Does your Baby need the Baby Swing?
Managing a baby and the house is no easy task for new parents. Attending to your baby is a time and energy consuming job and this alongside the household chores can tire out the new mom to a great extent. At such times baby swings are just what you need to get your household chores done and help you obtain some moments of respite. The baby swing allows the baby to be close to you while you work and also provides a source of entertainment and fun for the baby.
There are basically two fundamental reasons as to why your baby needs the baby swing:
A.To entertain and educate the baby while awake
Today’s baby swings come with a lot of attachments that offer a source of entertainment and stimulation to your baby. Following modes explain how.
- Firstly, the motion of the swing stimulates the vestibular system of the baby giving it a total workout and at the same time keeping them calm and quiet.
- Swings are good means to introduce the baby to gravity, an experience which is quite often taken for granted.
- Swings offer a great learning experience. Many baby swings have fixed toy rods or rotating toys with vibrant dancing lights and these offer visual stimulus to the baby in addition to helping him or her develop their motor skills.
- Audio stimulus can be provided to the baby by linking the swing to an iPad or iPhone if it has the relevant provision.
B.To calm and lull your baby to sleep
There are so many moments when you just have no time to pick and hold the baby or you just fail to understand why the baby is crying incessantly. The rhythmic motion of the swing helps to calm the baby and put your little one to sleep. Following are some incidents when the swing proves to be of great use.
- A new mom cannot devote all her time to her baby and more so if she has older kids at home. At such times, the presence of a swing lessens her stress as she can safely put the baby in the swing while she goes about her chores.
- Sleep is an essential requirement during the baby’s growing years. Swings offer the babies an environment similar to the one they had in their mother’s womb and hence ensure that babies sleep for longer hours in it. This is useful for moms who can get the baby to sleep well in the swing.
- A baby with colic problems can prove stressful and frustrating for the mom. At such times, swings prove to be a boon as they help reduce some of the symptoms of colic. The swinging motion of the swing calms the baby and offers him or her great relief.
On a Final Note
A baby swing is a handy piece of equipment for the new parents. It offers a cozy place for your little one who remains safe and entertained in the swing saving much energy and time of the parents.